FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What if I lose something on the bus?
- You can call StaRT at 1 (800) 262-1516. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Found items are stored for 60 days.
Can I take my bike on the bus?
- Yes, you can take your bike on StaRT. Most buses have racks on the front that can accommodate up to two or three bicycles. When the bus pulls up to your stop, just tell the driver that you will be securing your bike to the rack and the driver will wait for you. Then board and pay your fare. When you get off the bus, be sure to tell the driver you will be removing your bike.
Can the bus accommodate my mobility aid?
- Certainly! StaRT buses are equipped with either a lift or ramp to make it easier for persons using a wheelchair, walker, or other mobility aid to board. The courtesy seating area at the front of the bus has seats that lift up to accommodate a wheelchair. Passenger buses also “kneel” to reduce the distance from the curb to the first step.
How can I find out which bus I need to take?
- You can use the StaRT ride guide to help you determine which stop you need or you can use the Easy Rider Trip Planner. Visit our website at www.srt.org to use the Trip Planner to help find out which bus(es) to take to make your trip as easy as possible.
Do you have any services outside of Stanislaus County?
- StaRT offers a Commuter bus that travels to the Dublin BART Station. See information for each route in this guide. StaRT also offers a Medivan service that provides transportation to Bay Area medical facilities. The cost is only $12.50 each way and an attendant can ride with paying passengers for only $5.00 each way upon completion of application. Reservations are required for the Medivan by calling 1(800) 262-1516.