Routes Schedules & Maps
What is ADA Paratransit Service?
Stanislaus Regional Transit (StaRT) ADA Paratransit service operates as a complement to fixed-route service and is available to individuals with disabilities which prevent them from using fixed-route buses.
The service is provided within a 3/4 mile radius of a StaRT Fixed Route. You can call Storer Transit Systems (StaRT) at 1 (800) 262-1516 to see if StaRT ADA Paratransit serves your area.
StaRT ADA Paratransit Service is a door-to-door, origin-to-destination, advanced request, shared-ride transit service operating with Stanislaus County. Several riders may ride in the same vehicle and travel in the same general direction. Travel time will be similar to a bus trip, rather than a car or taxi. The service may be used for any purpose.
|ADA Certified Passengers|
|One Way – $3||Round-Trip $6|
|Companions of ADA Passengers|
|One Way – $3||Round-Trip $6|
|Personal Care Attendant|
* There is no fare for a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) as long as they have the same origin and destination as the individual for whom they are providing care.
Monday – Friday 5:00am – 10:00pm
Saturday 6:15am – 9:00pm
No Service on Sundays or Holidays.
* Service beginning as early as hours listed above, depending on route.
1 (800) 262-1516
StaRT ADA Paratransit certified passengers must call before 5:00 p.m. for travel the next day or up to seven (7) days in advance. Passengers may also call at least two (2) hours in advance for service the same day, however, the request will be filled on a space available basis only.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, you must cancel your ADA reservations at least three (3) hours in advance so someone else can use your seat. You can cancel by calling 1 (800) 262-1516.
Applying for StaRT’s ADA Complementary Paratransit Service
For persons interested in using StaRT’s ADA Paratransit service, call 1 (844) 699-9949 for information regarding the application process.
The ADA Paratransit eligibility criterion includes the following categories for an individual with a disability:
- An individual unable to board, ride, or get off any vehicle independently on the fixed route system that is readily accessible to and usable by persons with disabilities
- Individuals who need assistance of a wheelchair lift, but a lift is not available on the fixed route service during the time which the individual wishes to travel.
- Individuals that have impairment or condition that prevents them from getting to, or leaving a fixed route bus stop.
*Please be aware that applications received will be processed within 21 days or less and all applicants will be notified of their eligibility via U.S. mail. If you have any questions about the packet, please call 1 (844) 699-9949.
ADA Paratransit Certification Process
To qualify for StaRT’s ADA Paratransit service, applicants must apply for determination of eligibility and provide information describing their disability or conditions that prevent them from using the fixed route service. All applicants will be evaluated using an in-person functional assessment.